Southern Central Amorical Bowl
Saturday and Sunday, August 18-19, 2018 at Hilton Double Tree
6505 N Interstate 35
Austin, Texas 78752
Tournament Rules and Roster Creation
This tournament will require each coach to submit a roster with a Team Value of 1,200,000.
Stunty teams (Goblins, Halflings, and Ogres) can spend their money however they want.
Non-stunty teams are limited to 300,000 in skills.
No player may have more than 6 purchased skills.
You may not purchase the same skill for more than 4 players.
The official NAF rules can be found at: https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NAF-Rules-Update-v1-3.pdf
Journeymen, Special Play cards, and Mercenaries are NOT ALLOWED.
Grak and Crumbleberry are NOT ALLOWED.
Each team must have a minimum of 11 players before adding Star Players. Teams are limited to 2 Star Players.
Teams are limited to 0-1 Wizards and 0-2 (In)famous Coaching Staff (should you wish to induce any).
Normal skills are 20k and Doubles are 30k. Stat increases are NOT allowed.
You may not add skills to Star Players.
Please submit your rosters to TwoDiceUphill@gmail.com as soon as possible.
EARLY BIRD: Pre-register by August 17, 2018
LATE: Register on August 18, 2018
Please register at: https://www.wargamescon.com/register/blood-bowl-events
Please Email your NAF Name/Number with your preferred Email address to TwoDiceUphill@gmail.com when you register (this is the same Email you'll send your rosters to, as well).
If you're not a NAF member, please let us know and we'll get you set up. ($5 yearly cost if you sign up at the event.)
Things That Will Be Provided
- Match sheets
All participants that pre-register by August 17, 2018 will receive 2 SCAB D6’s plus the applicable discounted tournament entry fee.
Others will receive dice as supplies last.
All coaches that pre-register for SCAB are required to send in their rosters by August 17, 2018. Coaches should email their rosters to TwoDiceUphill@gmail.com. Please submit the rosters from an Email that you check frequently as that is where we’ll try to contact you if there are any issues with the rosters. Any errors found on rosters may be “corrected” without consultation by the TO at his discretion if he can't reach you before the day of the tournament.
9:00 – Doors Open/Registration Starts
9:20 – Registration Ends
9:30 – Round 1 (“Random”)
11:45 – Lunch
1:00 – Round 2 (Swiss)
3:15 – Break
3:30 – Round 3 (Swiss)
9:30 – Round 4 (Swiss)
11:45 – Break
12:00 – Round 5 (Swiss)
2:30 – Results/Awards
We will take lunch after the first game on Saturday. There will be no lunch break on Sunday allowing people to leave Austin earlier, if they need to.
What you should bring
- A Good Attitude
- Your Painted Blood Bowl Team
- Six Copies of Your Team Roster (1 for you, and 5 for your opponents. Bring 1 for the TO if you're registering late)
- GW or NAF Block Dice & D8
- Printed Copy of Competition Rules (CRP)/LRB6 can be found here- http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf
- Plus the three new teams list http://www.orclahomabowl.com/documents/New_Teams.pdf
Special Weather Table (None)
Weather is standard. Each table rolls its own weather.
Special Kick Off Table (None)
Standard Kick Off table.
Coaches may employ any star players that are allowed for their team in the CRP Rule Book, DZ1, DZ2, and/or Spike Magazine.
Due to this tournament taking place in Texas, RoTy Starhoof will be available (although he is asking for more money than at ROT Cup):
Stats: MA 6 / ST 3 / AG 3 / AV 8
Skills: Loner, Horns, Block, Foul Appearance, Frenzy, Fan Favorite, Regeneration
Note: If you are including any Star Player in your build, you must still have 11 players on your team BEFORE being able to hire them. Having 10 plus a Star is not allowed.
Rule for Multiple of the Same Star Player
Star Players MAY play for both teams. The “Highlander Rule” IS NOT in effect.
NAF Tournament Info
This is a NAF approved tournament. If you wish to receive limited edition colored Block Dice and have your tournament progress tracked, there will be NAF registration onsite for the cost of $5/year.
More information can be found at TheNAF.net
In the spirit of good sportsmanship, Illegal Procedures will not be called.
You are required to share dice with your opponent. Only GW or NAF Block Dice may be used and only the SCAB D6’s received at registration may be used. You and your opponent should decide before you start which set of dice will be used and what counts as a “cocked” die.
After each round you will fill out the game sheet based on the game just completed.
- ALL CASUALTIES from Blocking will provide 2 points (Only CAS's that would normally award SPPs)
- ALL TOUCHDOWNS will provide 3 points
- A WIN is worth 90 points
- A DRAW is worth 45 points
- A LOSS is worth 10 points
- A CONCEDE is worth 0 points
- If you clear the pitch you earn +5 bonus points (max once per game)
Rounds will be strictly limited to 2 hours and 15 minutes. You will receive ‘Time Remaining’ updates from the Tournament Organizer to help you stay on pace. Once the tournament official calls time, each coach may complete the turn in progress only if there was at least one fully-completed action taken before time was called. A strict 4-minute limit will be enforced for this turn.
There will be no overtime played. “If he draws…he draws.” - Ivan Drawgo
- Head-to-Head record (if only 2 teams are tied)
- Touchdown Differential (TD For – TD Against)
- Casualty Differential (CAS For – CAS Against)
- Coin Flip
All teams are expected to meet the minimum painted guidelines. They must have 3 colors on them and have had some attempt at making them appear finished.
We are here for the fun of the game. Sportsmanship is not only encouraged from the coaches, it is required!
Fouling 16 turns in a row and running up the score is NOT poor sportsmanship, but gloating and ridiculing your opponent while doing so is.
The Sportsmanship Award will be determined based on answers given in the Etiquette Sheet.
The Tournament Organizer will strictly enforce the “Don’t be a Douche” policy. Basically, it consists of not performing any acts of Douchebaggery.
The following trophies will be given out after the last round:
- SCAB Champion - First Place Team in the standings with the most overall points after 4 rounds.
- 2nd Place - Second Place Team in the standings with the 2nd most overall points after 4 rounds.
- Most Brutal - Team with the most CAS bonus points.
- Best Offense - Team that scored the most TDs.
- Best Defense - Team that allowed the fewest TDs.
- Best Painted – Awarded to the coach that has the team deemed to be painted best. You need not have painted the team yourself, but please note who did paint it when displaying the team for voting consideration.
- Best Sportsman – Worthy Opponent is decided by participants via an “Etiquette Sheet”. The Tournament Organizer will break ties.
- Stunty – The Stunty team that finishes with the most overall points after 4 rounds. (minimum of 2 Stunty teams)
Spread The Wealth
Tournament organizers reserve the right to adjust the awards in order to spread out the trophies. If a coach is in line to win more than one award, they may be asked which one they would prefer and the next coach in line may be given the other award. Worthy Opponent (and any others deemed necessary) may go to coaches that won other awards depending on scores and how many coaches are in attendance.
QUESTIONS? Email the TO at TwoDiceUphill@gmail.com for Answers!